Saturday, September 10, 2011

Honesty with Grace

Remember the movie Liar, Liar?  When the main character gets trapped in some crazy time period when he can only tell the truth everywhere he goes?  It gets him into alot of trouble, but sometimes it helps him. 

I think we need to pursue being women of truth with grace....God's grace. In my mind, being a woman of truth doesn't mean we need to wander this earth spouting out everything we know to be true without tact, direction, purpose or understanding. I think you'd agree with me on that. We need to be women of Truth.  The Truth.  God's Word is the Truth. Jesus Christ said "I am the way, the truth and the life."  He wants us to KNOW His Word and live it out in our lives with understanding and wisdom.  He wants us to be full of truth in everything.  Yes, sometimes, even with grace, being women of truth is gonna rub people the wrong way, but I pray the Lord will be with us in those moments and help us by His Holy Spirit to still bring peace and comfort to the situation in some way.

Remember that song for a Kodak commercial YEARS ago that said, "I see your true colors, shining through. I see your true colors, shining through.  Don't be afraid to let them show."  Let us allow the true colors of the love of God shine forth in our lives.

Women of truth with grace will love genuinely, cling to what is good, seek peace and pursue it.
Psalm 34:14  "Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it."

What do you have to add to these thoughts I have written today?

No comments:

Post a Comment